This experience consist of an easy-pace nature walk, an excellent option for the visitor who is looking to explore, learn and see the wildlife and plant life that lives in this area of Costa Rica. During the tour, your guide will be geared with a Swarovski spotting scope, one of the worlds best scopes in the world of optics. This will deliver not only the clearest views possible but also allows to match your phone to it in order to obtain great pictures of what we see along the walk.
* Tour length: From 2.5 to 3hrs.
* Start Time: 6:45am/7:00am/7:30am/8:00am depending on the
Naturally it cannot be guaranteed what you will see, but common animal sightings include monkeys, sloths, some birds, reptiles, frogs, interesting insects, plants and so, so much more. This tour is crafted for those who want to see and learn about the diverse life the park offers.
Groups are 6-8 people max. Groups of 4 or private tour options are available.
What to bring?
Wear dry-fit-type clothing. Wear walking shoes or hiking sandals, bring plenty water, sun block, insect repellent, swimsuit if you plan to stay at the beach after the tour is finished, rain gear during the wet months (May to November).
Please notice that NO food/snacks of any kind are permitted into the park, please DO NOT bring snacks, cigarettes/tabaco, drones, speakers, freesbee, beach balls, beach umbrellas and boogieboards.
- Is this tour good for children? Yes, this is an all-age friendly activity, however, families with small children are highly suggested to book private tours. Given the children's curious nature, it is best to focus the attention on them.
- Is there a children's discount? Children aged 11 or younger pay less than adults due to a cheaper entrance fee. Their rate is $6 cheaper than adults. Anyone aged 12 years or older pay full fee.
- How can we pay? Cash please, USA dollars or CR colones or combination.
- How do I reserve? Please send me an inquiry (see form below) provide the required information and your questions. No deposit required, you can pay after the tour is complete.
- Large parties/family rates? Please inquire below.
- We are interested in a hiking tour, is this possible? My tour is a nature history walk. If you wish to hike the trails of the park to cover those harder/steeper trails you can do that on your own, after our tour is complete. This tour is intended to see wildlife.
- If we have our own vehicle, can we meet you at the park gate? Yes, please let me know when you inquire so I can discount the non-needed transport. Please note: a parking fee will be charged as the park does NOT have its own parking so all options are private parking outside the gate and fairly close to the park. I will provide directions via e-mail.
During the tour, we use a Swarovski ATX 65mm Telescope, the industry's best optics for clients to look at the wildlife up close with such great detail, an added bonus is the possibility to digiscope, so please make sure to also bring your smartphone!
Two and Three toed Sloths are regular sightings, as well as White-faced Capuchin and Howler monkeys!
My groups are small, nonetheless private or semi-private options are available.