Photography tour at Manuel Antonio.
If you are an amateur wildlife photographer visiting Manuel Antonio area, good news! this area offers many opportunities!
The park trails allow a good approach to many animals and plants, making it possible to explore macro, plant, bird and wildlife photography. If you are specifically a bird-photographer, other areas such as Esquipulas deliver a larger array of bird species.
Looking for hummingbird in flight pictures? Then a one-day trip to he highlands is possible!
Just sent me an email describing what type of photography you are looking for and I can provide details.
Start time: between 6:50am to 7:30am depending where we meet or the season. An earlier start helps to avoid some of the crowds during the holiday seasons.
This is a private tour.
What to bring? Any camera gear/lenses you wish, depending on what type of photography you plan to do. Essentially Telephoto, macro and wide angle lenses. Tripod and lighting (flash).
Sun block, insect repellent, water, swimsuit if you plan to stay at the beach after the tour is finished, rain gear during the wet months (May to November).
Please wear shorts and runners/walking shoes, consider dry-fit clothing or similar for hot-humid weather. There are NO SALES inside the park, so please bring water, and snacks if you plan to stay at the beach after the tour. Please note that the ONLY food allowed at the park is fruit, bread, sandwiches, fun-sized cookies and cereal bars. NO peanuts, chips, fries, or similar, nor cigarettes or alcoholic drinks are allowed. Bags will be inspected by park officers before entering the park.
If there is any health condition in your party (e.g diabetes) and you need to bring special diet/food please feel free to do so, park rangers will allow those special cases.
*There are showers, bathrooms and changing rooms inside.
Request a tour:
- Is this tour good for children? A lot of time is required to compose photos properly, patience is a must. Small children often struggle with this. Still, if you are visiting with small children it is possible, we just have to adjust our time to them.
- How can we pay? Cash please, USA dollars or CR colones or combination.
- How do I reserve? Please send me an inquiry (see form below) provide the required information and your questions. No deposit required, you can pay after the tour is complete.
- How big are your groups? Photography tours are private.
- My spouse/travel companion is not a photographer, is this ok? Absolutely, they will have plenty of time to enjoy nature up close and learn about it while you photograph.
- Is the park too busy for photography? It can be busy during the holidays yes.
- We want to photograph as much wildlife as possible: Excellent, send me a detailed email please.
- If we have our own vehicle, can we meet you at the park gate? Yes, please let me know when you inquire so I can discount the non-needed transport. Please note: a parking fee will be charged as the park does NOT have its own parking so all options are private parking outside the gate and fairly close to the park. I will provide directions via e-mail.